1. “Getting The Home Rent Ready” – This can include some or all of the following:
- Re- keying
- Lock box
- Possible repairs
All the above steps help make the home show well; in turn helping us rent faster.
2. Setting The Rent – Giving your home a proper evaluation is key.
- We base our evaluation on the market (we look at multiple resources and use our professional experience to give you a price both right for the area and the home)
3. Advertising The Property
- We advertise your home aggressively and place adds on multiple sites and platforms such as Kijiji, Gotta Rent, Facebook, Walk score, our own professional Website and many others.
- Regional Exposure through MLS (cooperative Broker fee does apply).
- Real Estate publications for multi-family buildings (entire project).
- Signage on site and around the major intersections.
- Newspaper ads, Renters guide if deemed best method for the area and size of project.
4. Answer All Inquiries Promptly
- Our dedicated leasing staff is always ready to answer calls, emails and text messages for all incoming rental requests.
5. Schedule Showings
- Our staff is dedicated to provided flexible times throughout the week and weekends to show your rental home.
6. Collecting Applications from All potential Tenants
7. Screening All Applicants
- We take every application and run a detailed credit check and employment history check. We also ask for past landlord references as well.
- Our belief is that a properly screened application from RentCorp leads to tenants who stay longer. In turn, this helps avoid turnover costs to owners.
8. Choosing a Tenant from Applications Received. RentCorp insists on always keeping an open line of communication with owners. Ultimately, the final decision is always up to the owners and RentCorp is very happy to provide owners with our professional opinion.
9. Lease Signing and Move In
- RentCorp goes over all the rules and regulations and terms of the contract with the tenant. This way tenants have a complete understanding of the lease before signing.
- Keys and any money owed is exchanged at this time.
- Proper move in checklist is done ensuring that RentCorp has records of the current state of your rental unit.
10. Provide Unsurpassed Service to Our Clients and Tenants Alike
- Weekly updates to owners when we are in in search of a tenant.
- 24h emergency line for tenants when in need of after hours maintenance.
RentCorp Property Management ensures that your investment is our priority. By following these 10 simple steps we believe we can get your investment rented out faster and more efficiently, leading to a greater return on your money.